Individuals & Partnerships

We provide Individuals with advice relating to property letting and tax planning as well as other personal financial matters.

We are here to help existing Sole Traders as well as those setting up business for the first time.

We can help set up your Partnership as well as provide any financial services required throughout the running of the business, including the preparation of year end accounts and the Partnership Return for HM Revenue & Customs.

Below is a list of our services we offer to individuals, sole traders and partnerships:

Tax Returns

You will need to complete a Personal Tax Return if you:

  • are self employed or a partner in a partnership
  • are a company director
  • have large savings or investment income
  • have untaxed savings or investment income
  • let your own land or property
  • have income above £50,000 and your household receives Child Benefit
  • have overseas income (even if this is taxed overseas)
  • have sold or given away an asset (eg shares or property)
  • have lived or worked abroad or aren’t domiciled in the UK

We can complete your Personal/Partnership Tax Return, calculate your liability due and file your Return with HM Revenue & Customs as well as advising on possible tax savings for this and future returns.

Capital Gains Tax

Capital Gains Tax (CGT) is charged in relation to gains made by individuals on the sale, transfer or disposal of assets, including shares, stocks, bonds, properties as well as many others. This hugely complex area can be simplified with advice potentially leading to large tax savings, through the in depth knowledge of the specific exemptions and reliefs which are applicable.

We are here to advise on any future disposals, maximise your relief claim, prepare your CGT computation and calculate your liability due. We advise seeking tax planning advice before disposing of assets in order to reduce any potential Capital Gains Tax liabilities.

Tax Planning

We are available to provide advice in relation to planning tax efficient systems in order to minimise your future tax liabilities. We discuss tax efficient strategies with all clients to allow them to make use of all possible taxable savings, and put into place tailored solutions for their needs. Our expert advice can help to save you money on your next tax bill.


All businesses are required to keep timely, accurate records for VAT and tax purposes. This requirement is assisted by good bookkeeping processes, which help to manage and control finances, plan for future growth and aid the completion of year end accounts.

We can offer provide bookkeeping services as your individual business requires, including monthly, quarterly or annual bookkeeping. You can either send the information to our office or the work can be done at your premises, and we can either enter and check the information ourselves or audit internal bookkeeping entries.

We are here to make bookkeeping as simple and hassle free as possible, leaving you free to run your business.

VAT Returns

Our services include the completion of VAT Returns on a monthly/quarterly basis from the records we prepare or from your own records and is often completed alongside the bookkeeping for the business. We are able to file your VAT Returns online as HMRC require from most companies.

We will also consider which VAT schemes you are eligible for and whether a different scheme could help to reduce your VAT liability as well as bookkeeping requirements.


Our payroll services include the processing of the weekly/monthly payroll, providing payslips to employees, providing the business with net wages, tax and National Insurance liabilities for payment, as well as compliance with the upcoming HM Revenue & Customs ‘Real Time Information’ (RTI) system as of April 2013. We will process sick pay, maternity and paternity payments alongside your usual payroll scheme.

We can file all statutory required returns (currently year end returns and shortly monthly returns), as well as providing employees with their P60s and benefits & expenses forms following the tax year end.